We are pleased to inform you that we are offering travel fellowships to help students to attend to SCS 2019. These travel fellowships are possible due to the kind support of our sponsors.
All participants who have already submitted an abstract to the SCS are elegible to apply to our travel fellowships. The deadline for submitting the travel fellowship application is on 13th of MAY at 11.59 pm in the time zone of your country. Recipients of a SCS travel fellowship will be notified on before 30th of May, 2019.
- Travel fellowship funding may only cover part of your expenses for the SCS 2019. In that case, your remaining expenses may need to be funded by other sources.
- Applying for a travel fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive the funding. All applications will be peer-reviewed.
- If you require a travel fellowship to attend the symposium, please do not register before you have been notified that your application has been approved.
- The travel fellowship will be a fix amount of money and the reimbursement will be done in the days after of the event.
- To ensure correct processing of the award and receive the money, travel fellowship recipients are required to provide organizers copies of relevant receipts (such as conference registration, travel expenses, accommodation, etc) during or shortly after the symposium.
- You will need to be a registered in the SCS 2019 as member of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) to be reimbursed.
These are the requirements to be eligible for a SCS travel fellowship:
- You have already sent an abstract to the SCS 2019
- Only the presenting author (poster/talk) will be eligible to receive a fellowship
- You are associated with a university or a research institute as student, PhD student or Post-doctoral researcher
- If you are awarded a travel fellowship by the ISCB, and/or ECCB/ISMB 2019 your application for Student Council Travel Fellowship will be automatically withdrawn
How to apply
To apply for SCS travel fellowships send us attached a single PDF file (with the documents listed below) to email@example.com with the subject "SURNAME - SCS2019 TF APPLICATION" before May 13, 2019:
- Easy Chair abstract ID and title of your submitted abstract
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the symposium and why you require funding.
Please check the "FAQ" section of this portal to see answers to frequently asked questions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information.