Submissions for SCS 2013 travel fellowships are now closed.
Need a little extra funds to attend our symposium? Apply for a travel fellowship!
Please submit your application through the ISCB submission system. Note you must first submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation! An invitation letter for a travel fellowship should be sent automatically upon submitting an abstract.
The deadline for the submission of a travel fellowship is April 26, 2013.
Attention Canadian researchers!
Our sponsor Genome Canada is offering travel fellowships for students from Canadian institutions. If you're a student or young researcher based in Canada, don't miss this opportunity to get some financial support to attend the Student Council Symposium and ISMB/ECCB in Berlin!
Submit your abstract for the late posters call here before May the 29th and you will receive an invitation to apply for the travel fellowship.
- Huy Q. Dinh, Center for Integrative Bioinformatics, Vienna, Austria (winner of the SIB Travel Fellowship For the Most Promising Abstract)
- Geoffroy Andrieux, IRSET, Rennes, France
- Malay Bhattacharyya, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata India
- Mohsen Hajiloo, University of Alberta, Canada
- Christoph Peters, Stockholm Universitet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Liutauras Rusaitis, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Tomasz Stokowy, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- R. Taylor Raborn, University of Iowa, USA
- Benjamin Kwan, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Amit Deshwar, Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Maina Bitar, Department for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology - Fakultät für Informatik, Technische Universität München
- Farzana Rahman, Computational Biology Group, Applied Mathematics and Statistics Research Unit, University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, Wales, UK
- Benjamin Woodcroft, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Salvador Capella-Gutierrez, Bioinformatics and Genomics Programme, Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), UPF, Barcelona (Spain).
- Emre Guney, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
- Sonja Althammer, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
- Darius Kazlauskas, Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius University, Graiciuno 8, LT-02241 Vilnius, Lithuania
- Emanuel Weitschek, Department of Informatics and Automation, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Via della Vasca Navale 79, 00146 Rome, Italy
- Mohd Rehan, School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, India
The four excellent students from a developing nation that receive a full travel fellowship sponsored by the Wellcome Trust are:
- Santiago J. Carmona, Institute for Biotechnological Research, University of San Martín - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Priscila Grynberg, Federal University of Minas Gerais – Institute of Biological Sciences, Department of Biochemistry and Immunology – Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Chinmay Kumar Dwibedi, VIT University
- María Paula Magariños, Biotechnology Research Institute, University of San Martín
Furthermore, we were able to award 14 partial travel fellowships to the following students:
- Aurelien Rizk, INRIA Paris Rocquencourt
- Zofia Piłat, University of Warsaw
- Judith M. Fonville, Imperial College London
- Lorena Pantano, CRG
- Eneritz Agirre, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Guilhem Chalancon, University of Cambridge
- Christoph Lippert, Max Planck Institute Tübingen
- Andre Kahles, Friedrich Miescher Laboratory of the Max Planck Society
- Hannes Hettling, VU University Amsterdam
- Fadi Towfic,Iowa State University
- Geoff Macintyre, University of Melbourne
- Nino Shervashidze, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology
- Meromit Singer, UC Berkeley
- Chia‐Lang Hsu, National Yang‐Ming University
In 2009 we received over 50 excellent applications, and it was not an easy task to select the best nine. Congratulations to the winners of the 2009 ISCB Student Council Travel fellowships:
- Nicolas Palopoli, Quilmes National University
- Christian Solis Solero, Universidad Nacional
- Sebastian J. Schultheiss, Friedrich Miescher Laboratory
- Walter Pirovano, VU University Amsterdam
- Samira Jaeger, Humboldt Universitat
- David Thybert, University of Rennes
- Yoon-Dong Yu, University of Oxford
- Geoff Macintyre, University of Melbourne
- Phil Hyoun Lee, Queen’s University